Friday, August 23, 2019

What Progress Has Been Made After 449 days?!?

Okay, it's now been 449 days (1 year, 2 months, 3 weeks, 2 days) since I lamented about not having found my Ideal Band in this post: http://prhmusic.blogspot.com/2018/05/gorgeous.html.Complete the following section on Friday, August 23, 2019. All answers are in red.
  1. Am I a member of any Band?
    • Yes
    • No
    • N/A
    • Additional Notes
      • I selected both "Yes" and "No" because I didn't design the question to include my current state of waiting to find out if I am in a band or not. Here's what happened. 
        • On Tuesday, August 13th, I auditioned for a band in Washington, IA. 
        • On Thursday, August 15th, I followed up with the band - no decision. 
        • On Thursday, August 22nd, I followed up with the band - no decision, but I was told they will make a decision about their new drummer by the end of next week. Thus, I should know if I am in an Ideal Band by September 1, 2019 (at the latest!) 
          • Editor's Note: The band chose the other drummer
  2. Is the Band my Ideal Band, meaning
    • Yes - I am satisfied with the setlist and the band members I play with in the Band.
    • No - I am not satisfied with the setlist and the band members I play with in the Band.
    • N/A - I am not in a band.
    • Additional Notes
      • See above. If I had become the drummer for the band based in Washington, IA, by today, I would have selected "Yes - I am satisfied with the setlist and the band members I play with in the Band."
        • Editor's Note: The band chose the other drummer
  3. I am currently playing in a band but also still searching for my Ideal Band.
    • Yes - I play in a band, but I am still searching for my Ideal Band
    • No - I play in a band, but I am not searching for my Ideal Band
    • N/A - I am not in a band.
    • Additional Notes
      • See above. If I had become the drummer for the band based in Washington, IA, by today, I would have selected "Yes - I play in a band, but I am still searching for my Ideal Band."
        • Editor's Note: The band chose the other drummer
  4. In the last 449 days, I have auditioned to be the drummer for  ____ bands.
    • 0
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • Additional Notes
      • I really need to do a better job of logging when I go to an audition. I can only think of 2:
        • On April 1, 2019, I auditioned for a band in Central City.
        • On Tuesday, August 13th, I auditioned for a band in Washington, IA.
          • Editor's Note: The band chose the other drummer
      • There were a couple of jam sessions both in my basement and at James Goodrich's house as well as a lot of email conversations with other bands that never materialized.
  5. In the last 449 days, I have played ____ gigs (do not include playing drums at Saint Thomas More at Mass!)
    • 0
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • Additional Notes
      • On April 1, 2019, I auditioned for a band in Central City. 
      • On April 2, 2019, I was told I was their drummer.
      • On April 8, 2019, I played at Pitcher's in Marion with that band.
        • Damn! That was a lot of fun!! I'm sad that I didn't continue playing with that band...
  6. In the last 449 days, I have spent $____ on drum-related equipment, including sticks and drum heads.
    • $0
    • $1-$50
    • $50-$100
    • $100 +
    • Additional Notes
      • I have a gift certificate to West Music to be used for cases for my Ludwig Vistalite drums.
  7. I still own my Ludwig Vistalite drums.
    • True
    • False
    • N/A
    • Additional Notes
      • I am fairly certain I will not sell them anytime soon.
  8. If #7 is True, I have played my Ludwig Vistalite drums ___ times.
    • 0
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • Additional Notes
      • I am fairly certain I set up my drums at least once in the basement. Now that I have Mark Sigwarth's Fender guitar amp that I can use for the Yamaha electronic set, I would choose to use the Yamaha electronic set over my Ludwig Vistalite drums.
  9. I still have a Yamaha electronic drum set in the den.
    • True
    • False
    • N/A
    • Additional Notes
      • I have Mark Sigwarth's Fender guitar amp that I can use for the Yamaha electronic set. I used the Yamaha electronic set over my Ludwig Vistalite drums at the band audition on April 1, 2019, and when I played at Pitcher's in Marion on April 8, 2019.
  10. In the last 449 days, I have jammed with Matthew Helmke & James Goodrich, at the same time though not necessarily as a trio, ___ times.
    • 0
    • 1-5
    • 6-10
    • Additional Notes
      • Sadly, this trio has not gotten together. I jammed with Matthew in Summer 2018 and with James in Winter 2019, but the three of us have not been in the same room together with our instruments.

No comments: