Monday, September 23, 2019

The Bell is Silent

There's a 27 year-old bassist in Iowa City that lists the following bands as his influences, which I'm including here because I cannot hum a single tune by even one of these bands. I've heard of After the Burial, Parkway Drive and I've heard of Portishead, but none of the others ring a bell. That said, I am going to find these bands on youtube.com to learn what I am missing. As of right now, none of these bands would be on a setlist in my Ideal Band, but I allow for the possibility that I can be persuaded to the point where I would include one or all of these bands on my list of favorite bands.

Editor's Note: Gave up after 3 bands.
  1. Aegaeon
  2. ATB - my assumption is ATB means "After the Burial"
  3. Chvrches
  4. Daughter
  5. Eisley
  6. Imogen Heap
  7. Japanese Breakfast
  8. Kye Kye
  9. Now Now
  10. Parkway Drive
  11. Portishead
  12. Purity Ring
  13. Silent Planet

No comments: