Monday, December 30, 2019

Memories

An Intro to this post

As 2019 winds down, I sometimes think about how blessed I am to have family. This post is dedicated to an example of family togetherness.

Also, I had never heard the Maroon 5 tune called "Memories" so after I watched Naomi's cover with her sisters, I listened to the original.

The Tune - Original



Video cover of a Maroon 5 tune

From Memories - Maroon 5 cover by Naomi and her sisters:

My two sisters and I grew up singing together. We'd get in terrible fights when we practiced for church and whatever else we were performing for. My parents would have to bribe us with a barbie or other sort of toy in order for us to get along. Once we hit adulthood, I figured we could probably all get along. I asked my sisters if they'd do a song with me for YouTube and they've always said no. UNTIL LAST WEEEEEEK. My big sister said, "Hey, we should do a song when we come home for Christmas!" and my little sister was like, "OK!" and I was like, "Ummmm, helloooo, I've been asking you guys to do a song with me for the LAST DECADE!! BUT SURE OK."

So anyway, we went to the garage after the holiday festivities and filmed this little tune by Maroon 5. My oldest nephew stood in as our camera operator (you can hear him breathing in the video lollll) and my youngest nephew makes a cameo as well. If you think my sisters should join me for more songs, please comment below so we can peer pressure them into doing this again. OK GREAT! From Left to Right: Micah (youngest sister) // Liza (oldest sister) // NAOMI (middle sister)

The Tune - Cover



No comments: