Thursday, February 13, 2020

You are going to be okay

This was something I saw on the Craigslist > Denver > musicians page. I thought it was an inspirational message.

CL < https: //denver.craigslist.org/> > denver > musicians

You're going to be okay (Denver Colorado)

You are going to make it. You are going to be okay. I want you, my wonderfully unique member of our music community, to hear that. You are valuable. You are loved.

I feel that the life of a musician can be uniquely taxing on mental wellness for many of us. Touring can take a toll. Frustrations of making money in a continually evolving and highly competitive industry can be taxing. Then there are life's challenges that we all face. People we love exit our lives. Things we count on fail us. The human experience is messy and it can be really challenging. But you are not alone, no matter how you feel in the moment.

I've recently been through one of those extremely trying times and wasn't sure for a while that I had the strength to go on. I'm so glad that I did. I partially accessed the strength and love I needed from connecting with the music community. I now feel compelled to give back to you all. So, I want you to hear that, if you're struggling too. The sun will come up again.

Also, I've gained a LOT of information about support for musicians (and other humans) through my process. I'm happy to share whatever it is that would help you. This includes in person music wellness meetings, online resources, discounts for talk therapy available to musicians, etc. I invite you to connect with me if you want access to any of what I've learned, or if you just want to talk it out (whatever IT is for you).

Otherwise just know this: Everything is going to be okay. Your music family loves you. I'm glad that you exist, friend! Reach out if you like. I want to hear what's really going on with you.

No comments: