Thursday, May 20, 2021

the liberals were gong to pay

After reading Jay Sizemore's article about St. Anger and writing about it on this blog - Sounds like a blessing to me - I went on to read some of his poetry on jaysizemore.com, this being his most recent poem on May 12, 2021: For the Poetry Police: a poem. I was interested in reading more, which led to a brief dip onto Medium.com, where I skimmed his short story: https://medium.com/parlor-tricks/the-trump-morphosis-1af1aa640ba5, which was an interesting story until the conclusion, which is where I read, three paragraphs from the end, the following:
Greg smiled to himself. This was it. This was the war that was promised. Finally, the liberals were gong to pay for what they had done to his once great country.

Certainly, gong is an interesting word choice. I would have selected the word going instead.

No comments: