Wednesday, May 19, 2021

The Miz is 40?

I've mentioned The Miz before. I have watched his rise from a member of MTV's "The Real World" cast, where he created his Miz character, to actually having his dream of being a professional wrestler come to fruition. Apparently, at Sunday night's WWE PPV called Backlash, Miz tore his ACL in his match, and I say that because I read the link at the bottom of this post.1 What I find most interesting is that I read The Miz is 40 years old, which I can verify is true, thanks to Wikipedia - see the link at the bottom of this post.2 I still envisioned The Miz as a young 20-something year-old, who was trying to work out his relationship with Coral, one of his roommates, during his season on The Real World. Looking at Wikipedia, I learned that his season of The Real World was on TV in 2001 - 20 years ago!3 Recently, there was a movie that had the line "leave the past in the past" or maybe it was "The past is the past" - I'm not sure - and I think that's a relevant idea as I think about this all today. The Miz IS 40 years old and NOT the 20 year-old from The Real World. I need to break free of my mental picture of him and embrace that, right now, he is injured and, depending upon the extent of his injury, could be absent from WWE TV for 6 to 9 months, which, if it's 9 months, it would be January 2022 before he returns, which would be AWESOME if he were to return as a surprise entrant in the 2022 Royal Rumble, which is traditionally in January of each year.

I'm creating a reminder to view this post on Wednesday, January 19, 2022. However, when I was researching when the Royal Rumble in 2022 was going to be, I learned that it's not a definite that the Royal Rumble in 2022 will actually be held in January 2022, due to an expanded NFL season.4Of course, time will tell what happens.



Sources

  1. Miz Knee Injury
  2. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Miz
  3. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Real_World:_Back_to_New_York
  4. https://www.thesportster.com/news/why-2022-royal-rumble-could-be-held-in-february

No comments: