Thursday, April 9, 2009

Fine. Schedule a concert in Iowa on a date I am unavailable

If Sunday, 05/31/09, were not two days prior to leaving on a family vacation, I would be @ this show.
Saliva
Korn
Buckcherry
Saving Abel
Rev Theory
Duff McKagan's Loaded

Actually, I would be content to stay until Buckcherry finished their set, then leave. Neither Korn nor Saliva really trip my musical trigger.

I have no idea what Duff McKagan's Loaded sounds like but if it's anything remotely close to Velvet Revolver or G-n-R, I would probably tolerate it for an opening gig. Neither of those two bands are in my top 10 or even top 20 of favorite bands but they're okay.
I liked Rev Theory's Truth is Currency release but I haven't heard any of their follow-up material.
I liked Saving Abel when they were on the bill with Buck Cherry & Shine Down.
I liked Buckcherry more than I thought I would.

So really, if Buckcherry finished @ 9, I'd be home by 11 and in bed by 12. I guess it depends upon what time the show starts.


So, I expand the search of concerts in the Des Moines area and who do I find? Every Avenue! They are a band I reviewed - you can read the review here - and I will miss both of their gigs:
Sat 04/25/09 Ames, IA Iowa State University
Appearing at "The Bamboozle Festival" <== this is the day of my nephew's first communion in Cedar Falls.
==> Fri 05/15/09 Des Moines, IA People's <== We are probably getting our camper out of storage


Which led me to ask, "What is the Bamboozle Festival?" That led me to http://www.thebamboozle.com/ where I learned it is a multi-day concert - $116 gets you in the door for each of the days - on May 2nd and May 3rd in New Jersey. Not happening.

More goodies @ work to keep me busy. Some UI work found its way to my desk and quickly took on a life of its own as I discovered two fields on the screen that have never been in our documentation. So I worked on adding them in, which led me to task A, which led to B, to C, and before I knew it, I was leaving for the day.

One big piece of good news is that when I went to the dentist this AM, I had no cavities. Considering the amount of Pepsi & Mountain Dew I consume on a daily basis, I am happy.

It is 11 PM. I am getting up @ 4 to help Karen get ready for work. We are leaving for Balltown tomorrow after work and will be there until Sunday. My in-laws have dial-up and it is an exercise in frustration to use their PC. So I won't. I'll be back on Sunday or Monday, depending upon if I have anything to say on Easter Sunday.

No comments: