Thursday, April 30, 2009

Low Tide this Month

Someone said to me, "I can't believe it's almost May."
I replied, "Good riddance!"
While, yes, there were high points in my life in April 2009, such as seeing Bayside and what I was able to accomplish at work on my list of projects and being able to throw my wife a surprise party, it is also the month where the routine became a bit stressful at times. I'm not speaking of Karen's foot - I'm speaking of the daily routine that all families have to go through. Day in, day out, there's all these demands on time. This needs to be done. That is due then. You need to fulfill this or that obligation. What about what you said two weeks ago, are we still doing that? There's all these things and, frankly, April will be remembered as the month of doing a lot but not accomplishing much. I still don't have my Excel file of CDs, tapes, and other media updated. I didn't write even half of the reviews I expected myself to write - not to mention what publicists must have expected me to do. The time just went by too damn fast. And it's not going to slow down anytime soon with First Communion in Chicagoland this weekend, a trip to Adventureland with Megan on their band trip the following, going up to get the camper the weekend after that and then it's Memorial Day weekend and Local H is playing in Waterloo on that Friday night. The following weekend is right before we leave for vacation. Then we get back from vacation and start camping season in Elkader from 6/11-7/11, which means none of those five Saturdays will be spent in front of the PC. I guess I'm taking a vacation from writing around that time...

On to other things. I'd really like to write about the .JS file that I am using in my online Help topics to automatically create a "Quick Links" section. It is soooo cooollll!

I don't have time to dwell on it now, though.

No comments: