Monday, April 13, 2009

Odd

I had an odd day @ work. For one thing, I left @ 2 and did not take a lunch. I left early because my wife, who has a broken foot in two places, went to the doctor. As she was getting out of our truck last night, she landed wrong on her broken foot and the pain went searing through her foot and her body. There were a lot of emotions flowing through the air. On Mondays, typically, she picks the kids up from school and takes them to Alex's tutor. His tutor starts @ 3:15 and she picks them up ~2:45. So, being ~45 minutes away from the kids' school, I left @ 2 to go get the kids and take them to Alex's tutor. While @ tutor, I thought about all the work I have to do. I started to really internalize that you (meaning me) have a lot on your plate. That point hit home Friday night. There was some sappy Hallmark movie with the word "love" in the title that I didn't have a lot of interest in watching. It was too early to go to bed so I sat @ my in-laws' table in their sun room and figured out what I was going to work on this week. Yes, Good Friday night was spent on work!

Back to today. The second odd thing that happened today is that when I got home, I cooked supper. The doctor told my wife today that if she does not do "only what must be done," she will have to wear her cast longer. Already, the last seven weeks are too long, in her eyes, so I think, finally, she is going to get serious about doing less around the house and allowing the kids and I to pick up more. I hope. I don't really want her to have to go through this cast on her foot any longer than she has to in order to heal her foot.

Finally, the third odd thing is I made contact with a publicist who has the power to put me on a guest list for the Bayside show in Des Moines, IA, so, for a change, I have something planned more than a week in advance.

This week is the first of several crazy weeks in a row.

Monday - We thought Megan had softball practice but no one was @ the field.
Tuesday - Alex has baseball practice
Wednesday - the kids have piano lessons from 5-6
Thursday - Survivor and we think Megan has softball
Friday - Here's something I'm going to talk about a lot - a 2 hour Prison Break episode!
Saturday - I have a CEW meeting in Waterloo and need to leave my house by 7:00-ish. The meeting is to be done by noon and I have a haircut @ 3. We are playing 5:15 Mass.
Sunday - there is a cymbal warehouse sale less than 5 miles from my house. I'd like to pick up a cheap cymbal or two for Alex. Maybe a cymbal stand.

Then it starts back up again on Monday.

No comments: