Thursday, May 30, 2013

Got a Call from an Old Friend, We used to be real Close...

Megan and I went to NorthTowne Schwinn on Blairs Ferry Road tonight to get her back tire on her new bike fixed. It was leaking air. As we went down Blairs Ferry Road towards Edgewood Road, I realized that we were going to drive past BSS's house. I called him and his cell phone was off. We continued on our way to visit my mother on F Avenue and then, after visiting for a while and driving  home, BSS called. I ended up talking to him for nearly 25 minutes as I drove home.I talked about my 2 year anniversary tomorrow at my job; he talked about opportunities in his life.

Come to think of it, I even was talking to him after I had parked the van in the garage. I miss talking to him on a daily basis. It has been just over 6 years since we worked for the same company. There was a lot of time connecting when we were working together. Neither of us regret where our careers have taken us.

The only reason Megan and I went to Cedar Rapids tonight was because there was a storm that went through and, for a brief period of time, it was rainy and there was a heavy downpour. During the rain, Alex's baseball game was cancelled. It's too bad. Tomorrow night's game was cancelled and the possible game on Saturday is not going to happen. That means his next game is on Sunday at West Branch at 1 PM.

No comments: