Monday, May 27, 2013

Surpassed the Goal!

Back on March 15, 2013, I published a schedule of milestones for the conversion to MP3s.
Goal:    52356.
Actual: 57074
Full data: 57074 File(s) 428,604,099,340 bytes

In other news, today was crazy. What should be a holiday was anything but relaxing. It was chaos, pure and simple.

We picked up the camper in Zhwingle but:
  1. I forgot to pack the battery for the camper (and Karen didn't think of it either until we were looking at the camper)
  2. One of the tires was low so a valve stem had to be replaced.
  3. The valve stem was replaced while I was on the road back to Theissen's in Dubuque to get a battery. However, I learned that the space on our camper fits a "24" battery and I did not know that. I bought a 27 so it was too big for the space. We had to use bungee cords to secure it for the ride home.
  4. On the way home, it rained, but was not nearly as terrible as it could have been.
  5. After getting home, we unhooked the camper.
  6. On my 'to do' list was to return the 27 battery to the Coralville Theissen's so I left to do that. Alex and Karen went with me.
  7. When I got home, I showered and went with Megan to her final private saxophone lesson with Jane. After her lesson, we picked up Wendy's. Megan and I had a really good conversation about music and her future with playing the saxophone. 
  8. After supper, it had not rained yet, so I started to mow. After our yard was done, I realized that if the lady behind us waited until the next time it wasn't raining before mowing again, she would have a mess. I mowed her yard.
  9. Her neighbor was putting down hay for some new grass seed and I talked to him about the deer meeting his mini-van. We talked about camping and storing campers.
  10. At home, the kids were shooed off to bed and now, at 11:55 PM, it's damn near time for me to go to bed as well.
The upcoming week is really crazy and full of things we have to get done. Without a doubt, it is officially camping season in my world as what was done prior to camping season is unlikely to happen until after camping season. It's the way life is when you're who I am. Nothing changes - year after year, day after day in the camping season, life progresses.

Anyways, pleasant thoughts.

No comments: