Friday, May 3, 2013

RIP Jeff Hanneman

I learned about his death on Blabbermouth.net and I was floored. The metal community is buzzing with reaction to the passing of one of the guitarists in Slayer, Jeff Hanneman. I didn't know the guy - obviously - but from reading the reactions from the other 3 bands in the Big Four - Anthrax, Metallica, and Megadeth -I get a sense of what he was like. I am putting on some Slayer today as my way of paying tribute to the man. I send my condolences and sympathy to his family as they go on in life without him.

Top 10 Slayer songs from Loudwire.

Yesterday, at work, I had a great 1:1 meeting with my manager. I smile when I think about where I am and where I have been, as documented on this blog. I appreciate the progress that has been made and the progress that will be made prior to the end of 2013.

I just came across the journal for Machine Head's lead singer. He writes an online journal / diary and in the few moments I spent browsing it, I got a sense that I have a daily visit to his site in my future. Eddie Murphy style language but seems worth reading. http://machinehead1.com/topics/journal

No comments: