Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Idiots

I have wrote about how bands need to get over their shit and realize how short life is, especially when it comes to bands who feud in public. While Motley Crue and Pearl Jam are separate bands, I don't have a lot of patience for feuds in the media between bands. I think Eddie Vedder is an idiot to say what he was quoted as saying the following in this article Sixx Calls Pearl Jam 'Boring' After Vedder Knocks Motley Crue:


"I used to work in San Diego loading gear at a club. I’d end up being at shows that I wouldn’t have chosen to go to – bands that monopolized late-’80s MTV. The metal bands that – I’m trying to be nice – I despised. Girls, Girls, Girls and Motley Crue: [expletive] you," recollected Vedder when asked if traces of "art-culture explosion" from the Generation X-led grunge movement were still present today.

Vedder can have his opinion, he can even express his opinion.

Frankly, I think the referenced Motley Crue album - Girls, Girls, Girls - is not a good album. It would take me a bit to recall any other tune on that album, other than the title track and "Wild Side", which is an adequate tune. Having an opinion about a less-than-stellar Motley Crue album is just an opinion1 that I share. I don't recall the last time I listened to the album.




1 I checked to see if I could cite an opinion about that album from a site I used to write music reviews for but that album has not been reviewed, per the Motley Crue page on Dailyvault.com.

No comments: