Friday, February 11, 2022

Beautiful DWs

Look at this gorgeous this Drum Workshop (DW) Clear Acrylic drum set!

I would absolutely love to have this in my basement! I already can imagine an integration with my 5 piece Ludwig Vistalite set - having 3 24" bass drums - 5 floor toms (3 in this set, plus 2 that I already have), plus the Rata Toms and a Gong Bass Drum. Here are more details:

DW Collector’s Series Clear Acrylic 11pc Kit
* 24x16 Bass Drum (02)
* 10x9 Tom
* 13x10 Tom
* 14x14 Floor Tom w/legs
* 16x16 Floor Tom w/legs
* 18x16 Floor Tom w/legs
* 20x16 Gong Bass Drum
* 14x6.5 Snare
* 6x17 Rata Tom
* 6x18 Rata Tom
Includes the following:
* DW 3000 Series Double Tom Stand (02)
* DW 3000 Series Double Tom Stand 0(2)
* Drum Seeker nylon bags with fleece interior
Not included:
* Snare stand
* Bass drum pedals
Condition:
* Drums and heads are new, never played. Display only wear and tear.
* Crack in one bass drum. Does not affect sound or shape.
Price:
* $6,000.00 / cash only

Wait, what? I spend $6000 and I have to then get a snare stand and two bass drum pedals? A cheap snare stand is under $100. If I were to purchase a new bass drum pedal, there's no question which pedal I would purchase: a Ludwig Speed King. While I have two in my basement right now, I would buy two new bass drum pedals for my new drum set. How much? Between $338 and $398 so, with tax and possibly shipping, I'll overestimate and say $500.


I had better get used to admiring the picture of this drum set because I will never own it.

No comments: