Thursday, February 17, 2022

Imagine a DC-Marvel Crossover on a Movie Screen

In the first house I lived in, across the street from our house, lived David Davis. He was older than me. I remember David showed me his dresser in his room and the dresser drawers were full of comic books. I think back to how much I looked up to David as an impressionable youth.

Whenever I mention David Davis, I think it doesn't do him justice unless I write about how he introduced me to Star Wars as well. I distinctly remember he worked at the movie theater - the Plaza Theater by Lindale Mall that is now a tire store (the last time I drove past it anyways). After the movie's release, in the theaters so this happened sometime after May 25, 1977, which means I would have been 7 years, 5 months, 3 weeks (2729 days) old when this happened. David came over to my house and showed me his sketches of the weapons, aliens, weapons, and ships in the movie. I was instantly beyond impressed!

I had another neighbor across the street - Gary Hatfield - who was my age. I remember Gary had an extensive comic book collection. I also remember watching the original Batman TV show in his basement many times.

I mention all of this to convince myself that I grew up reading comic books. I know comic books. Yet, when I see the picture of the upcoming DC - Marvel comic that is being released in March 2022, I feel like I don't know comic books. I don't know who two of the characters are in the picture below.

I'm embarassed to admit that deficiency. For more information about the comic book, including why it is being released, refer to DC and Marvel’s Justice League/Avengers crossover that could never be reprinted is being reprinted - A limited edition reprint of the crossover pays tribute to artist George Pérez.


1st row: Wonder Woman, Captain America, Atom, Superman, Wasp, Iron Man
2nd Row:Hawkeye, Flash, Batman, Vision, Green Lantern
3rd row: Martian Manhunter, Scarlett Witch, Guy with mask (???), Guy with Blonde Hair (???), Thor


No comments: