Saturday, May 3, 2008

Can't we catch the Sun ... just once?

With each Saturday baseball practice, it seems like the weather never cooperates. Last week, it was cold and windy. Today is no different. It doesn't feel like baseball season. Yet, in about 15 minutes, I'll go up to Alex's room, wake him up, we'll get in the car and go.

It also rained in Memphis. I talked to my friend Phi ~11 PM last night. He said they got drenched. That's par for the Memphis in May course - it has to rain at least once. The forecast is better for today through Sunday but I'd imagine the mud people will emerge on the grounds. They're the crazy ones who frolic in the mud that is caused by the rain. Hair, clothes, & shoes all become caked in mud when the Mud People emerge. They are entertaining to watch.

Alex's coach just called. No practice today. Instead, we're getting together @ 2. That's for the better, I think, so that the kids don't get sick. Don't need sick kids going into the season.

No comments: