Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Didn't Get to Sleep At All...

... because we were watching Mark's band play until 1 AM, then it was decided to go to Happy Chef for breakfast. I ate nothing - I think my 39 years of age were catching up to me. I got to bed @ 3 AM and by 8:30, we were up running around. I'm actually sitting in the data center of the hotel at which my kids are swimming. No, they are not unattended - Karen, Mark and his wife, and Karen's folks are all there. It is ungodly hot in the pool area and I don't want to get sick so I'm sitting in some nice air conditioning for a few moments.

In other news, DailyVault.com published my Queensryche review so that is cool.

Mark asked me how his band played. I like them. I think they sound good. I like that the drummer has electronic drums (Yamaha) that mix into the band's total sound. I also liked the bassist's dexterity. I noticed he doesn't play with a pick so his fingers move fast sometimes.

Among the other tidbits from last night, I played pool. There were two tables. I played next to a "Paul" and "Karen" that had been married 18 years. They have two daughters so we were able to exchange notes re: daughters.

Also, one of my best friends, JR came down to watch the band as well. I like talking to JR. We go back to 2nd grade and have shared many, many, experiences over the years. He is a trusted friend and confidant. We even have our taboo subjects and names we aren't allowed to even say to each other, though.

Tonight is Anthony's bachelor party. I am the designated driver. I did that with Travis' wedding a few years ago. I really don't mind that. I think tonight will be fun.

I'd better return to the ungodly hot pool area before I am missed.

No comments: