Monday, May 26, 2008

Published, Weekend, and the Future

First, the cool news. Two big pieces posted today @ Dailyvault.com & a hint re: my next review.
  1. Death Cab for Cutie review
  2. Rush in Moline, IL, concert review
  3. My review of Queensryche's CD of cover songs is coming later this week!
Second, we returned from Dubuque today after the funeral for my wife's aunt. She was 89 and died of natural causes. When we went through the wake receiving line on Saturday night, I was asked to be a pallbearer, an honor I accepted. It's an odd feeling when you know you are lifting someone who worked her entire life to lift the people in her life around her. She was a great woman and there are many who are sorrowful tonight as they envision a world without her. She will be missed and her memory cherished.
Third, this week is busy but it doesn't start until Wednesday.
Tomorrow night, unless it's raining, I'll be mowing. It's hard to believe that is the only scheduled activity.
Wednesday, though, is when the fun begins. Alex has a baseball game in Coralville and Megan has 6:30 practice.
Thursday, Megan has a double-header, starting the first game @ 5:30 and Alex has a game as well.
Friday, we leave Cedar Rapids when I get off work @ 5 for Cedar Falls to see my brother-in-law's band play at the Hub. His band is the The HooDads and my brother-in-law is the one with the Fender shirt. Guess what he plays?!?
Saturday AM, we are going to the hotel that my mother-in-law and her sister are staying at so that the kids can go swimming. Then we are leaving for CR to drop off the kids at my parents' house to spend the night. Then we are going to get ready. Ready for what? I am the designated driver for the father of the bride for his future son-in-law's bachelor party. Karen is going out with the girls.
Sunday, I'll grab the kids from CR and prepare for another week of work, baseball games, and who knows what else.

No comments: