Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mission Metallica


I have to say I have a weakness. I have had this weakness since 1989 when I saw Metallica play in concert for the first time, a weakness that has continued to seeing them in November 1991 during Student Teaching when I looked around the arena and wondered why all these kids weren't home doing their schoolwork, and then in January 1993, when bassist Jason Newsted told the Carver Hawkeye Arena that they needed to have a good time even though basketball player Chris Street had died shortly before the concert (like a week earlier) and then... August 2004 when they played "Frantic" and "Dirty Window" from St. Anger. That gig was so good I bought it in MP3 format from http://www.livemetallica.com.

Metallica are the band that I adore. My kids know "Enter Sandman," "Sad But True," and maybe a couple others. I am listening to "Ride the Lightening" now and will probably spin a different Metallica release tomorrow.

I am so stoked to hear new riffs, new ideas, and new images of the band I really like. I find myself feeling like a teeny-bopper getting all giddy and excited. I wish there was a release date for Metallica's next release because I have a Javascript that will count down the number of days until a specific date. I would somehow post that on this blog so that the people that look at this page would immediately know how many days, hours, minutes, and seconds until it is released.

I am so excited. I've sat at this PC, looking at the different videos on Youtube and on http://www.missionmetallica.com/. I am stoked!

Dang!

Please hurry time. This Metallica fan wants to hear the new release yesterday, not tomorrow!

No comments: