Tuesday, April 16, 2019

LinkedIn Fail

Like Indeed.com, job alerts are often empty promises from LinkedIn. When I saw this, I thought, "Wow, that looks interesting." Sadly, the only reason the word "remote" and "RoboHelp" were 'hits' for this ad is because of this phrase: Remote Workers? Not eligible, must work onsite with the team, as shown below:


Keep in mind that the only reason I still see jobs through that LinkedIn email and jobs through Indeed.com emails is because I don't seem to be able to unsubscribe. I call it separation anxiety. I have always had it. I remember dwelling and dwelling about the girl I dated off and on in high school after high school and during the time when Karen broke up with me on October 29, 1988 at the Freaker's Ball (a Halloween dance) at Mount Mercy College*. We reconnected on New Year's Eve when I was with some friends at Econofoods (a long gone grocery store chain in eastern Iowa) to get booze. She was a checker there and because she was also friends with the friends I was with, she was invited to come to the party we were going to... and she did. I took her to a dance up at Mount Mercy College in January 1989 and then, that night, was the last time I said any words to her. It's kind of funny how some dates are etched in stone within my brain while others are not. I don't know remember the date on which we went to that dance. I do know that it was 30+ years ago.

Anyways, back to obsessing over the past. I find it hard to let go of the patterns and routines that I find myself in. For example, yesterday, I woke up to a 4:30 AM alarm and today, I woke up, without an alarm, at 4:25 AM, which is why I'm publishing this post at 5:30 AM.

*Why do I remember the date? This is how my mind works. I remember that date because it was two days before the Van Halen concert on October 31st at the US Cellular Center in Cedar Rapids, IA.

No comments: