Thursday, April 25, 2019

Still Here Forever and Ever

I saw this:


which led me to this:


which led me to the same conclusion as any of my other posts assigned the "Awesome jobs that I won't apply for" label, which is this:

Damn, I'm happy where I work. I got up @ 4:30 AM and was sitting at my desk @ 5 AM, creating links between the MS Word documents in the S:\Disaster Recovery Planning\CTE\Wired Data Network\WAN folder and my Disaster Recovery documentation in RoboHelp 2015. I'm where I WANT to be. At 8:05 AM - one hour from now - I'll call into the daily IT/Bio Morning Huddle conference call as my manager's proxy. At 9 AM, I'll call my co-worker Teresa who is working remotely from Atlantic, IA, so she can care for her 90 year-old mother so that we can make final changes within Naavia to the Knowledge Management workflow. There is a Core Group meeting a week from today and the goal is to send out the Knowledge Management workflow in a Word file to the Core Group today so that the attendees have a week to review in preparation for the meeting on May 2. After the Core Group meeting on May 2, there will be a Steering Committee meeting in June during which the Knowledge Management workflow will be presented and, hopefully, approved by that Steering Committee. After that happens, there will likely be a period of time during which changes are made to our ESC system to facilitate the Knowledge Management workflow before, eventually, we will begin a Pilot program with a specific group within the department before rolling out the Knowledge Management workflow to the entire department.
Yesterday, I met with my manager and we discussed the Disaster Recovery project. I told him I want to finish with the creating links between the MS Word documents in the S:\Disaster Recovery Planning folder by the end of the day on April 30th so that, on May 1st, I can begin rounding back to the teams that have been asked to create / update their disaster recovery documentation in the S:\Disaster Recovery Planning folder to gauge their status.


No comments: