Saturday, November 22, 2008

Boring? HAH!

What should have been a boring stay-at-home Saturday is quickly becoming a day on which there is a list of things to accomplish. What else is new? We watched "Kung Fu Panda" last night. I think I fell asleep for a couple of minutes but what I saw, I liked. Karen was falling asleep too. I think I fell asleep because when I woke up, I was suddenly more alert - like it had taken the edge off. I ended up watching some "Everybody Loves Raymond" DVD episodes (we have all but one season on DVD). Then I sent the kids to bed @ 9 and eventually did fall asleep on the couch. When I woke up, my whole left side of my body was tingly and I could barely stand up. I seriously contemplated just staying on the couch because I felt like I was going to fall to the ground when I stood up.

So today, I am walking over to Linder Tire to pick up our van. We are then going to get the house cleaned up (again) because tomorrow, when it's 46, we're going to put out our Christmas lights.

Our Thanksgiving plans thus far are to go to Mass on Thanksgiving Day, then to my parent's house in Cedar Rapids. My brother, his wife, and two sons are coming down from Mpls. I am anxious to meet Charlie, my nephew. I have never met him and he will be 2 in early 2009 - I don't have his birthday in the forefront of my mind. Also, my other nephew, Sawyer, will be there and so will my sister-in-law, Erica. After things are done, then we will return to North Liberty.

Friday, we will get up drive up to Balltown and spend the afternoon, Saturday, and come home on Sunday. Alex doesn't have basketball practice so I'm unsure when we will leave Balltown. That's our plans.

For right now, I'm going to continue updating my media list so that I have it all up-to-date by the time 12/31/08 hits and I create a copy of the 2008 list to create my 2009 list. I have a lot of work to do.

No comments: