Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Who is listening when I complain?

Months ago, when it was announced that Metallica was playing in Des Moines and then in Moline, I bemoaned that there was not a decent place in my area that attracted concerts. So now, who goes out on tour? Motley Crue. Where do they play? They play on Wed, 02/11/09 @ the iWireless Center, Moline, IL with guests Hinder, Theory Of A Deadman, & Last Vegas. Then they go north to Grand Rapids, MI, on 2/13 and to Madison, WI for a Valentine's Day gig. Then they hit Rockford, IL, on a Sunday night. Monday, they could play in Cedar Rapids @ the US Cellular Center or an Iowa City gig @ Carver-Hawkeye Arena before going to Des Moines on 02/17/09 @ the Wells Fargo Arena, in Des Moines. It doesn't make sense. Who do I have to complain to in order to change things around? Why can't Hinder and ToaD play a gig in Cedar Rapids? Even if MC needs a day to rest their bones, it's no reason why the rest of us music fans should suffer.

Hell, even Manchester, IA, gets Tonic Sol-fa on Friday, December 12,2009. Cedar Falls gets Skin Kandy on Saturday, December 27 (plus my brother-in-law's band on 12/31/08!) And I miss this:








What does Cedar Rapids get? Nine Inch Nails and some'thing' called Boris. Pathetic. I so long to live in a Chicagoland area where there are good gigs nightly. I mean look at this. One page full of gigs and it is only through 11/22 - this Saturday?!?

And as a side note, I am not requesting to go to the WinWriters 2009 Conference in Seattle, WA. Just for kicks, though, I went to look at the Seattle schedule on Pollstar.com for when I would be there, if I were going. I'd probably fly in on Sunday, 3/29 and be there until Wed, 4/1. Guess what pollstar says is in that city during those dates?

Not a single band! Look at this and don't say it's not freaky. Nothing on the schedul from Sunday 3/29/09 to Wednesday 4/1/09. That bites.

No comments: