Monday, November 10, 2008

M in M Setlist & other news

This is the concert I missed Saturday night in Moline, IL:
DISC ONE
That Was Just Your Life
The End of the Line
Harvester Of Sorrow
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Kirk Solo #1
One
Broken, Beat & Scarred
Cyanide
Sad But True
Wherever I May Roam
The Four Horsemen
Kirk Solo #2
DISC TWO
The Day That Never Comes
Master Of Puppets
Blackened
Kirk Solo #3
Nothing Else Matters
Enter Sandman
Last Caress
Breadfan
Seek and Destroy


In other news, I have a solution for my MOTW issue that I wrote about last week. The issue is that I am attempting to access a PDF from a HTML file on the local PC. The HTML file is coded with the MOTW code but the PDF doesn't have that coding. Therefore, when the HTML file tries to go to the PDF, IE 7 says, "Nope, you don't have MOTW. You're not safe," thus making the PDF not open. The solution is to create HTML files that embed the PDF. I have to create a HTML file for each PDF. I worked on this project on Saturday morning. I go through the As and the Bs in my list of PDFs that I have to change. This gets a bit complicated, but I also have to change the names of 55 PDFs.
The reason for that change is that the HTML file is already reserved by an .exe file. For example, I have an app called "apples.exe." This app, by default, uses apples.htm as its help file and the PDF version of this documentation is called apples.pdf. If I create a new apples.htm that will embed apples.pdf, the existing content in apples.htm is replaced, which is not good. Since the coding is looking for apples.htm, I have to create apples_eu.htm and rename apples.doc to apples_eu.pdf so that generating the PDF creates apples_eu.pdf.

I then have to change my DOS batch file to copy apples_eu.pdf from the network drive and also have to change, if any exist, any link to apples.pdf. So far, my design to only actually open a PDF from the topic I call "Print Documentation" has paid off as there is only one link to change from "PDF/apples.pdf" to "apples_eu.htm." It's the details - updating a tracking doc I maintain, updating the DOS batch file, renaming apples.doc to apples_eu.doc, and then, finally, creating the apples_eu.pdf that is copied by the DOS batch file. I estimate I have 184 more links to change. I hope to breeze through these changes by the end of the day Tue so I can return to my actual writing.

Additionally, the Iowa men's basketball team won their exhibition game against Wayne State yesterday @ Carver. The Iowa women's basketball team also won their exhibition game. So both teams start out 1-0. Good start.

Finally, this week is going to be busy.
Mon - tutor & piano
Tue - clubs after school plus Alex has a test on Wed
Wed - dentist appts, Alex has basketball @ 5:30 and Megan has piano @ 5:30 - no petting Max
Thu - Survivor, Grey's, & ER
Fri - NOTHING
Sat - Saving Abel, ShineDown, Avenge Sevenfold, & BuckCherry in Waterloo
Sun - basketball practice from 4-5 @ Regina

Then it starts all over again.

Optimistically, it seems my cold is wearing away so I may feel like sitting @ the PC @ night and writing reviews. I got a new Who DVD yesterday and I also have a Genesis DVD to review, plus a bunch of other stuff I have neglected. Need to get back in gear.

No comments: