Saturday, August 30, 2008

She thinks wrestling is real...

Before I get to the meaning behind the title of this post, I'm in awe that I haven't updated this blog since 8/25. It seems my weeks go too damn fast.

I'm back now, though, and with a killer video from Local H, a band that has really grown on me in the last few weeks. I needed to become familiar with their 12 Angry Months release in order to review it for DV and in doing so, I've really come to like this band. I was at their My Space page earlier and got this video:




Wednesday was the Virgil Donati drum clinic. 100+ drummers in the same room, watching a master of the instrument bend it to his will. He came across as very business-oriented, informing us we could purchase his DVDs and/or CDs. I understand the dough has to come from somewhere on these clinic tours, but he started out the clinic talking about how stuff was available for purchase. His negative first impression was immediately replaced, however, when he started playing. He could do anything he wanted to do it seemed on the drum set. He played with his feet in the same way that most drummers play with their hands. It was really humbling.

Last night was WWE. I had joked with my co-worker that I was going to make a sign to hold up that says "She Thinks Wrestling is Real" but I didn't. I talked to the guy who runs blindman.com and he is going to send some pics for me to post in my blog. I am still a sucker for WWE. The athletes are just that - athletic.

No comments: