Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No More Beer for Nine Months & 12 in 4

I found out tonight that our neighbors Ron and Margaret are expecting a new addition to their family in March! I am excited for them. This will be their 4th child. Margaret is a good neighbor. She likes to drink beer with me in the front yard, in their driveway, on their patio, on our patio, and at any of the houses in our neighborhood. Ron is a good guy too. We had Japanese beetles in our bushes so, tonight, I trimmed them down to nothingness.

At work, I have ~481 hours of work to do for our next software release. That's 12 40 hour weeks. I have 5 and one of those is probably going to be taken away for doing a conversion and then receiving training on some software I use. I *know* there are 4 huge projects that will require a week each. Everything else? I haven't gotten that far. Hopefully, those 4 projects don't take nearly as long as they will so that I can work on other projects. The release has to be out the door 10/1 because a promise was made to deliver a new system by 10/1. I will probably tackle that project first the week of 8/18 - 8/22 since I've been working on designing the User Interface for all the screens. I haven't begun the documentation for it.

At home, I will probably mow the neighbor's yard tomorrow night but I am going to let our yard go another week. I pre-billed for mowing the neighbor's yard but the only part that is long enough to really cut is the backyard. I looked tonight and it is definitely long where the water drains down from up the street. We leave for camping with our college friends on Friday so we will pack up on Thursday night.

Finally, Metallica announced their Death Magnetic CD will be released on September 12th. I put in a request for a promo to review it so I hope that happens. I am excited. Maybe listening to it will help me write documentation faster@ work!

No comments: