Friday, August 8, 2008

English with Numbers

It is my job to balance the check books - we have 2 - and sometimes, I wonder why an English major is in charge of the numbers. Logically, the part of the brain that would benefit an English major is on the opposite side of the brain that would benefit an accountant or any other job with numbers being the primary thing you work with. I much prefer words. We have two check books because Karen is paid once a month and we have specific bills that come from her check/that checking account that are automatic debits, such as insurance and the kids' tuition. The other account has my check deposited, twice a month, and that account is for the normal monthly bills like phone/internet, cell phone, electric, and city sewer. Sometimes, I don't know what I would do without online banking. I am able to keep the check books balanced because I can write in debits that were not written in the ledger originally and things like that. I must admit I am doing better than I thought I would but mainly it's because I can keep the ledger matching what our bank says we have on a daily basis.

No comments: