Saturday, August 16, 2008

Gasp! No Metallica in CR or IC?!?

Once again, Cedar Rapids has been passed over for a major concert tour. Metallica is hitting the road and where do they go? Des Moines on 10/26 and Moline, IL, on 11/8. Who do they skip? Cedar Rapids & Iowa City. They are taking The Sword and Down on tour with them. The Sword is a band I am unfamiliar with - expect some Youtube videos linked when I find them. Down, I think, features Phil Anselmo (Pantera) as the lead singer. I don't think I have any of their material either but I have to check my list.

I am hoping to score an interview with Lars Ulrich on the day of the show and to get a promo of their "Death Magnetic" release. Additionally, I am hoping for two tickets to their Moline, IL, show. It is the weekend that Karen is out of town for her WWA (Women's Weekend Away) so I will be attempting to find child care for the kids for that night. I wish Alex was a bit older because Metallica is one of the bands I want to take him to see. But, like Rush, he is too young.

No comments: