Sunday, August 31, 2008

FFF & DD

We went to the Regina Fall Fun Festival last night.

First we wnet to Mass @ 6. Then Karen and I rushed from Mass to the beer tent to work from 7-9 (tell me we're not Catholic?!?). After working, we met up with some friends. There was a band called "Twist and Shout" playing. Megan's friend's dad, Jeff, plays bass. We both were checking out the band, 1/2 wishing they'd ask us to sit in, but that didn't happen. I said to him, "All we need is a guitarist and a vocalist and we're up there in 2009." He agreed.

I also talked to my friend Randy for a bit. I hadn't seen or talked to him in ... a long time.

While I was waiting for Karen to finish talking to one of her friends, I was talking to another of my friends - can you believe I have friends? - Paul. Paul's son is playing guitar in a band called Girl Repellant. Paul is a good guy - I like talking to him. We were talking and this woman comes over to us and says I don't know what's going on but those kids over there are acting up. I think it's the one in the green hat.

So Paul and I walked over there. We found the kid in a green hat and just sat in the general vicinity of the supposed trouble. Nothing happened. I asked the kid in the green hat if he was okay. He said yes. I asked him if he needed help and he said no. Then he left.

Today we are going to clean a couple of windows - yuck - and then return to the Regina FFF to play bingo. After bingo, the plan is to stop @ Hy-Vee, pick up a pizza for Alex and I and Chinese for Karen and Megan, and return home. After we eat, we need to clean Megan's window on the side of the house. We need to get the ladder up to the 2nd floor and monkey around with trying to clean it. I am not looking forward to that. I am fearful I will drop the window and watch it shatter on the ground as that would be 'my luck' to have that happen.

So, here's hoping that my next entry doesn't start out "be weary of what you fear because it can happen."

After that group of friends left, I rode the ferris wheel with Megan and then we went home.

One final note: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=4689215&blogID=428574837 sounds very cool...

No comments: