Monday, February 24, 2014

Busy

It was a tiring & busy weekend, but amongst all that had to be done, I found time to enjoy what was happening.

On Friday, after going into work at 5 and then working until 3:30, I went to get my haircut. Before I got my haircut, though, I went to Fareway and purchased toilet paper, Diet Caffeine Free Coke, and breadcrumbs. When I arrived at home, Lou and Jean had already arrived. Lou showed me his new 2014 Chevy Impala that he had purchased. It's a sweet ride.

On Saturday, after watching the Iowa Hawkeyes go down in defeat to the Wisconsin Badgers - a game they should have won - I went to Hy-Vee in Coralville with Megan to pick up Alex's cake. We made a brief stop at Best Buy to purchase Bayside's "Cult" release that came out last week. We hadn't really been able to talk to each other in a while so it was good to find our connection again. Later in the day, Mark and I watched the ending of "A Few Good Men" until 12:30 AM Sunday morning.

Then, on Sunday, Alex was confirmed yesterday, along with 66 other high school students. I am very proud of Alex, who took the name Sebastian, for his choice to continue to grow in his Catholic faith.

Late last night, I worked on the CD reconversion. I am working on Spindle # 13 this week. I'm sitting at 24475 File(s) after a couple of hours of work. I'm uncertain whether I will make a lot of progress this week with the reconversion. I need to focus on preparing for Uncle Rico rehearsal on Thursday. I honestly haven't been able to sit down behind a set of drums for a couple of weeks. I don't want to walk into Uncle Rico rehearsal on Thursday without being prepared. I mentioned that to Karen a few minutes ago. Thus, I'm hoping that I can spend some time at the Yamaha set in the den tonight, Tuesday, and Wednesday in order to build up my chops. I don't anticipate 4 or 5 hours a night, but am hoping for at least 6 hours before Thursday AM. I have my work cut out for me as I prepare to be able to play these songs on Thursday:

201-You May Be Right-Billy Joel
202-Blister in the Sun-Violent Femmes
203-What I Like About You-The Romantics
204-Jenny 867-5309 Jenny-Tommy Tutone
205-I'm a Believer-Smash Mouth
206-Dancing Queen-The Yayhoos
207-I Will Survive-The Shout
208-I Ran (So Far Away)-A Flock of Seagulls
209-Wonderful Tonight-Eric Clapton
210-Folsom Prison Blues-Johnny Cash
211-Two Princes-Spin Doctors
212-Hot Stuff-Cockroach
213-Bad Case Of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)-Robert Palmer
214-Mony Mony [Downtown Mix]-Billy Idol
215-Johnny B Goode-Chuck Berry
216-I Saw Her Standing There-Paul McCartney
217-Closing Time-Semisonic
218-Interstate Love Song-Stone Temple Pilots

No comments: