Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Falling Asleep

Count in music_shell yesterday: 24475 File(s)
Count in music_shell today: 24475 File(s)

I began watching WWE Raw last night in our bedroom and then, when Karen went to bed, I went out to the living room couch. I shouldn't have trusted myself to stay awake for the entire program because the next thing I knew, it was 10:30 PM. I missed the last 30 minutes of Raw. And, of course, that means I missed the return of the Undertaker, who is one of my all-time favorite pro wrestlers. It should have been a clue to me to find a way to stay awake when it was mentioned Brock Lesnar was at Raw as the pro wrestling websites I read all have been speculating that Undertaker would fight Lesnar at Wrestlemania XXX.

The problem is that most of the other matches were, really, not very good. It was boring to watch Del Rio fight Batista because, frankly, I don't care about either. Batista is in the main event at WM XXX against Randy Orton and, well, I don't give a shit. The match between Cesario and Sheamus went too long and the match between Daniel Bryan and Kane went long too.

WWE is going to be in Cedar Rapids on Saturday night. When it was announced, I asked Alex if he wanted to go. He said no. Guess what he said last night? He would go. Too bad he argued with me when I told him he needed to be upstairs and in bed by 9. He turned it around and claimed that I wouldn't let him study. He gets a pass, or so it seems, that he studies in the basement. He doesn't need his iPod or phone to do so, though, so when I took his phone away, he was mad about that. Doesn't make me want to take him to WWE. Doesn't make me want to take him to Skillet in Moline, IL, at the iWireless Center in a couple of weeks. Doesn't make me want to finagle a way to get to Boone, IA, for the LazerFest concert on Mother's Day. It's a good lineup too (of course) with Adelita's Way and The Offspring as well. Sigh.

Moving on, I did practice drums last night but I really need to do so again. The songs I went through were good. "Blister in the Sun" seemed hard for me to nail but "Bad Case of Loving You" was good as was "Mony Mony." Still, I need to do more tonight and tomorrow night to better prepare myself.

Work is busy and I need to get to it.

No comments: