Friday, February 28, 2014

Shining Dimly

I have a long list of character flaws. I lose things. I do what I shouldn't. I don't do what I should. I am human. I make mistakes.

I made a mistake on Wednesday and didn't find out about it until yesterday.

I forgot about the Uncle Rico rehearsal that was scheduled for Wednesday night.

Originally, we had scheduled a rehearsal for Thursday, February 20, but I had asked to push it to the following week because of preparing for Alex's Confirmation. I got it into my head that we had moved it to the following Thursday, which would have been last night. Because it was in my head that we were rehearsing on 2/27, I didn't look at the Uncle Rico group calendar.

Yesterday morning, I read my email and discovered what I had done. I felt like dog poop.

But what can I do about it? I don't own a time machine to go back in time. I can only move on.

I would like to rehearse both Monday and Tuesday next week because those are our only two rehearsals in March. I'd like to go through set two on Monday & set three on Tuesday. I practiced all of set 2 last night.

Today, my arms hurt. It's a good hurt.

Since Uncle Rico isn't going to rehearse beyond March 4, I am thinking it would be an awesome time to reunite Lou's Classic Ride for a rehearsal. I hope that can happen.

On another note, the Iowa men lost at Indiana last night.

No comments: