Sunday, April 21, 2013

Brutal Cards!

Alex slept in yesterday. When he finally got up, Karen asked what he wanted for breakfast.

"IHop."

We went to IHop for lunch, then to Fareway to get some food. Karen made her famous Oreo ice cream dessert for later that night. We went to 5:15 Mass. Alex served, Karen sang, I drummed.

After Mass, we went downstairs and played Euchre. There were 28 players (7 tables) and wow. I've rarely seen cards as pitiful as what I was dealt. There were four times when I was dealt 3 9s. What do you do with that? Twice I went alone and got the first four tricks only to lose the last trick with a pitiful card. For example, I went alone in diamonds and had four good diamonds and a queen of spades. I would get the first four tricks and on the last trick, playing my queen of spades, the king of spades would be played and I'd lose. Crap like that.

Today, we have a meeting in Riverside from 4-6, then a social function from 6-8.
Tomorrow, Megan leaves for a week in Florida. Our little girl is going to Disney World with the Iowa City West band.

No comments: