Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ideal Band 3 - Version 2013

Years ago, I wrote Ideal Band and I'm happy to say, I'm in that Ideal Band. We call ourselves Scary Robots. We rehearsed at the studio. It was kind of spur of the moment, meaning Joe asked about this weekend on Thursday, we talked among ourselves, and settled on the next night. We started playing around 7:30, took a break while Brian Guitar replaced a broken string - the first he broke while playing the guitar he bought not long after we started playing together. We went through a few more songs and then, shortly after 10 PM, we called it a night.

We've been talking about playing at a gig. This AM, I took a stab at splitting up the types of songs between what I envision would be three sets. I don’t want to do all the blues songs together and then all the short ‘pop’ ones together. Some of the ones listed below are ones we first talked about last night.

Set 1
  1. Lonely Boy
  2. Big River
  3. Whisper (original)
  4. Vicious
  5. Cuts Like a Knife
  6. Stuck in the Middle
  7. Break Up Song
  8. Stepping Stone
  9. Lonely is the Night
  10. Switching  to Glide
  11. Sunshine of Your Love
  12. Key to the Highway
Set 2
  1. No Time
  2. I Don’t Apologize (the Otherwise song)
  3. Foghat
  4. Cinnamon Girl
  5. Bucket (original)
  6. Rocky Mountain Way
  7. For What It’s Worth
  8. Dead Flowers
  9. Hey Joe
  10. Sweet Jane
  11. Everybody Wants to be My Baby
  12. Mary Had A Little Lamb
Set 3
  1. American Girl
  2. I Think You Know What I Mean
  3. Iowa’s Rising (original)
  4. Have You Ever Seen the Rain
  5. Saturday Night
  6. Rocking in the Free World
  7. Cheap Sunglasses
  8. Hoochie-Coochie Man
  9. Love Stinks
  10. I’ve Done Everything for You
  11. Jefferson’s Theme / Sanford theme
  12. What I Like About You
    1. Encore:
  13. Something “fun” here, like teases of songs we’ve jammed on, in alpha order for now:
    Blister in the Sun
    Brown-Eyed Girl
    Doctor Doctor
    Come Together
    Dream On
    Enter Sandman
    Everybody Wants You
    Joe’s Garage
    Round and Round
    Taking Care of Business
    Time After Time
    Unchained
    You’ve Got Another Thing Coming 
  14. Rock and Roll All Night

No comments: