Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Cell Phone Issues

Last night when I asked Alex to put his phone on the kitchen island, it was like I was asking for a limb. It seems like a no-brainer to me - do what you're told - but it's been pointed out to me that I probably didn't listen to my parents as well as I think I did when I was growing up. Alex feels it is unfair for him to put his phone on the kitchen island when we routinely do not ask Megan to do the same. He finds that very unfair. I said to him that he really didn't want me to treat him like I treat Megan - that you have different personalities. His response is one that will haunt him forever. His defense?

"We're both human and we both have phones - we're the same."

His job on Wednesdays is to take the garbage to the street. I told him last night to do that while we were gone at a parent's meeting. He did not. I woke him up at 6:10 this AM. I said, "You wanted me to treat you like Megan." He made me chuckle when he responded, "I was just kidding."

I fully realize that we only have a few more years of him at home. In 2015, Megan will graduate from high school. If Alex thinks he does a lot of chores now, wait until Megan isn't in the house! 

No comments: