Sunday, January 26, 2014

Never

I don't have a lot of requests that I make on my behalf to God but, after last night, I have one. Please God, when I feel prideful and confident, keep me in check. Don't let my mind overtake my actions, if that makes sense.

After I wrote about how great my life was in my last post, I had humility slap me in the face. We came home from 5:15 Mass and the furnace was set to 72, but it was 70 in the house. Fudge. I went downstairs and flipped the furnace switch. Then, later, the furnace would not kick in. Frustration. Helplessness. Of course, Karen asked me to call Doug, our furnace guy, and, of course, on a Saturday night at 9 PM, he didn't answer. I don't know if I would answer.

What I did notice when I looked at the furnace is that the white PVC pipe that drains water was full of water. I turned the pipe so it could drain. I don't really know if that was the right thing to do, but it was really about the only thing I could see that looked weird.

With no contact with Doug, my instructions were to go get a new furnace filter. I drove to Wal-Mart and back within 30 minutes. While I was gone, the furnace kicked in. Was it because I had taken the existing furnace filter out? Was it because I turned the PVC pipe and drained the water?

I don't know. All I know is that it's 8:20 AM on a Sunday morning and I'm in a warm house. Karen told me that she checked the furnace a couple of times during the night and it wsa functioning properly.

I can only shrug my shoulders.

No comments: