Thursday, January 2, 2014

Pick Pick Pick

The Iowa Hawkeye football team didn't win yesterday against LSU in the Outback Bowl. There were times when it looked like they didn't deserve to be playing in a post-season game. The analysis of the game will include criticism of the officials but I don't really buy it. I was shocked at how poorly Iowa played. I remain unconvinced they were prepared for their game. No, it didn't help that starting quarterback Jake Ruddock was injured and left the game, but yes, the backup quarterback has to be able to step in, at any given point, and deliver. Yesterday's game was a prime example of the issues Iowa has with recruiting high quality football players.

And the indications that Iowa was going to have a rough day started with the weather. The game was played in Tampa, FL, and it looked cold and rainy. Karen remarked, "I'd be mad if I paid $1700 to fly to Florida to go to a game and sat in crappy weather."

Crappy. Good adjective.

No comments: