Sunday, January 5, 2014

Top Secret!

I am working on a top secret project, outside of my employer, that I am trying to finish prior to mid-February. In addition to that project, the CD reconversion project continues. I am arguing with an Excel template that I *thought* would make managing this project easier, but it's not so.

I am currently juggling multiple CD drives in order to make more progress on the reconversion. I reset the family's Toshiba laptop to its default settings because it was easier to do that than to uninstall all the junk that had unintentionally been installed. I have one of the towers I bought in Elkader ripping CDs as well.

I also haven't probably mentioned that I now have a Western Digital My Cloud drive. I can access that drive from the Elkader PC & from the Toshiba laptop. It was kind of fun to be upstairs, in the living room, ripping CDs to MP3 and to have the MP3s stored on the My Cloud drive. It is a monster 4 TB and I'm hoping that when the CD reconversion is finished, all of my music will be accessible from there. In the meantime, it's really convenient to have a little more flexibility for completing the CD reconversion in that I can be in the living room with Karen and not holed up in the den not with Karen.

No comments: