Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ideal Bands 4 - 2014

Who knew that when I wrote Ideal Band that I would be a member of not one, but TWO, bands in 2014 because, in addition to being the drummer for Lou's Classic Ride, I am also the drummer in Uncle Rico. I say "both" because I'm not quitting LCR - we haven't rehearsed since 11/13/13 and no practices are scheduled.

More details about Uncle Rico. The members are:
Gary - guitar / vocals
Greg - bass / vocals
Scott - guitar / vocals
Me - drums

At Gary's house in Cedar Rapids, I started my recorder prior to beginning the first song. When I stopped the recorder, the length of the recording was 1:54. I liked that we were able to simply plow through the following list of songs (in this order):
  1. Blister in the Sun -- Violent Femmes
  2. What I Like About You -- The Romantics
  3. Basket Case -- Green Day
  4. Rock and Roll All Nite -- Kiss
  5. Fight For Your Right -- Beastie Boys
  6. Paranoid -- Black Sabbath
  7. Rockin' in the Free World -- Neil Young
  8. Santa Monica - Everclear
  9. Jet Airliner -- Steve Miller
  10. Johnny B Goode -- Chuck Berry
  11. I Saw Her Standing There -- Beatles
  12. Interstate Love Song -- Stone Temple Pilots
  13. You May Be Right -- Billy Joel
  14. Folsom Prison Blues -- Johnny Cash
  15. Ring of Fire -- Social Distortion (Johnny Cash)
  16. Lola -- Kinks
  17. She -- Green Day
  18. I Melt With You -- Modern English
  19. Mony Mony -- Billy Idol
Did I play perfectly? No, of course not. I felt good about how I played. Using the MP3s from Gary, I have created a playlist in Windows Media Player that I will listen to in order to internalize them. Obviously, there are some that LCR plays that are on the list above so that is good.

No comments: