Saturday, January 18, 2014

Victory! Defeat!

Alex's game resulted in a victory, Louis and I won 2 out of 3 games of Euchre, and I managed to squeeze in some time on the Yamaha set while Louis & Karen napped and Jean showered for 5:15 Mass. It was important to me that I found some time to drum because of two reasons:
  1. Hopefully, I can round up LCR for a gig at the MDA Walk on Saturday, February 22, 2014, at the Coral Ridge Mall. That's something I'm actively trying to do.
  2. Hopefully, I can play drums tonight at 5:15 Mass. I hadn't drummed since last Sunday at 11 AM Mass. I wanted to loosen up my muscles a bit and get familiar with how to move around the drums again. 
When I played the Yamaha set, I went through some of the songs that LCR does. When I practice, my MP3 player is on shuffle because I don't want to get bored playing the songs in the same order. There was a smile on my face when "Dead Flowers" started because I really like it. "Three Steps" and "Switching to Glide" also came through as well as "Sunshine." In total, I think I drummed for 30 minutes. It felt good. My shoulders are kind of sore, now, but I'd rather be loosened up than to not be loosened up.

No comments: