Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Tasks

Happy New Year!

After going to 9 AM Mass with Megan at Saint Thomas More, I am now in the den, reconverting CDs. Before reconverting my first CD, I began the day with 5558 music files in my music folder. The last file I have that lists all my music files from before the hard drive crash is from November 14, 2013. On that date,  I had 64603 files. Simple math says that I am 8.6% complete with the conversion. I no longer have a single "music" folder. Instead, I have a f:\music_shell folder and sub-directories under that:
  • (_______Date - stores the .txt files that are created by running my DOS batch file
  • Music_original_conversion - the files I was able to obtain either from the now failed 1 TB drive or from some other means
  • Music_reconversion - all files I have converted since December 1, 2013
  • music_youtube - when I use a youtube to MP3 software, those MP3 are stored in this folder.
I had a pleasant surprise yesterday. My manager came by around 1 PM and said, "Go ahead and get out of here when you can." After hearing from Karen that it wasn't fair that I was getting off work early, I received a grocery list from her. I shut down my laptop and went to Fareway, where my "few things" amounted to nearly $90. We now have 2 gallons of unopened milk, 5 bricks of cream cheese, 2 bags of unopened Tostitos, and various other items now have duplicates. Oh well.

After returning from Fareway and after picking up Karen from work at 3:20, Karen, Alex, and I went to 5:15 Mass last night at the Newman Center in downtown Iowa City because Megan was working until 7 at Fareway.


After the 3 of us went to Mass, we stopped to eat at Culver's in Coralville - I got my normal grilled cheese kids' meal and cheese curds instead of French Fries. Upon returning to home, the Iowa Hawkeyes men's game against Nebraska had started at 6 and happened to be on TV. I watched that. Megan's friend who is a boy came over. Eventually, Karen, Megan, the boy, Alex, and I watched "Despicable Me 2" and laughed.

I eventually fell asleep and was the sober fuddy dud that couldn't stay awake.

No comments: