Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Giving Due Drummer Credits

I admit I didn't give "The Rev" credit when he was alive, but I should have. I also admit that I am not a huge fan of Mike Portnoy's drumming. I went through my progressive metal / hard rock stage a few years back where the more complicated the drumming was, the more I listened to that band. As it has been with Tool and Dream Theater, I find myself preferring music that has a more direct and, perhaps, a simpler approach to the drumming. For example, I really like Chevelle's "Take Out the Gunman" as an example of a "current" rock radio song I would choose over listening to Tool or Dream Theater.


That said, here's some isolated drum tracks of The Rev and Mike Portnoy, which you can see on this page: http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/lets-compare-avenged-sevenfold-isolated-drum-tracks-from-the-rev-mike-portnoy

No comments: