Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Five Finger Death Punch or Breaking Benjamin - Does it Matter?

From a friend of mine:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I must admit that lately my motivation hasn't been so spectacular.
We have a guy who is the "mentor" for the group. Essentially he's like a team lead. He implemented the standards, process we follow for [doing our work], etc.
The problem is that it's been SUPER frustrating working with him because he'll tell us one day to change our [work] because it's not the way we should do something even though we learned it by using his example and then after we change it he's telling us it should be the initial way we had it. It's been 2 months and I have yet to have [my work] accepted because he keeps rejecting them for various reasons like that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I wrote back.
Well...
So, tell me where I got this guy wrong. This mentor would be the one to call Rock 108 and say, "I want you to play Five Finger Death Punch" and so Rock 108 plays "Under It and Over It". When the mentor hears that song, he calls Rock 108 back and says, "I didn't want FFDP, I wanted Breaking Benjamin" so Rock 108 puts on "So Cold" and, upon hearing that song, the mentor calls Rock 108 back *again* and says, "No, I said I wanted you to play Five Finger Death Punch" and, in response, Rock 108 plays "Falling In Hate" (criminally underrated in their catalog) and, finally, upon hearing "Falling in Hate", the mentor calls Rock 108 back and says, "Hey, that sounds great! Thanks for playing what I wanted to hear."

No comments: