Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Groovin'

I was happy with Scary Robots last night. I felt like I played fairly well. We worked through some of the songs at a tempo that was a little slower than normal - "Big River" - and broke down the interlude prior to the solo in "What I Like About You" - it's 8 measures. We also worked on "Stuck in the Middle" for a while. We were nearing the end of practice when we busted out "Saturday Night" and my arms were dead tired. I know the original version has the snare on 2 and 4, but I'm always hearing the thrash metal version with a faster drumbeat in my head.


The challenge to myself is to work on my chops to get them to a point where I can play this song at the end of the night. I'd liken it to Metallica playing "Whiplash" or "Battery" at the end of their set.

No comments: