Thursday, March 7, 2013

I See a Weekend on the Horizon

Last night, the Iowa City West boy's basketball team played in the State tournament. They were playing for their 50th win in a row. The team has been blistering through their schedule, commonly winning by double digits and blowouts. Against Des Moines Dowling, they were taken to overtime. It was a great game to watch. Iowa City West ended up winning. You can read the news story here. Their next opponent is Dubuque Senior. The two of them played on January 4, 2013. West won 66-56. They interviewed a Dubuque Senior player who said that they had really wanted a second chance against Iowa City West. Be careful what you wish for there young man.... If Iowa City West gets past Dubuque Senior, they will play in the State Final Game on Saturday night.

I have now whittled down the Music directory to the following:

50352 File(s) 315,747,992,632 bytes

I thought I would be able to devote some time to the conversions this weekend, but as it draws closer, I don't see that happening. Why?
  • Saturday
    • Megan works 7-1.
    • Alex and I are meeting up with Brian Rock and his son. I think we're going to go to Gus' around 11. I really look forward to reconnecting with Brian Rock. Gus' has pool tables so maybe the boys will play pool. I am looking forward to talking to one of my best friends. Then the four of us are going to the final Iowa men's game (they play NE) at Carver-Hawkeye Arena. The game starts at 1:15. I expect it to be a game that Iowa wins.
    • I'm hoping the game is over early enough for my family to make it to 5:15 Mass - I would like to play drums with Jim.
    • What we do next requires a little background. We lived on Prospect Court from 4/1/1994 - 12/22/2003. The court behind us had a bunch of great people living there. Over the years, Karen and I developed friendships with our neighbors on that court behind us. One of the families is having a 'reunion' at their house Saturday night. I think it starts around 7 so that would allow us to make it to 5:15 Mass (as outlined above).
  • Sunday
    • My AM seems pretty clear, which I'm sure will change. I would like to get 30 or so minutes on the Yamaha electronic kit. I haven't really played it for a while and I feel like I need to prep for what I am doing in the afternoon which is the next bullet in this list.
    • Scary Robots is rehearsing from 5-7. We haven't rehearsed since February 10th so I'm anxious to ROCK! As I wrote about previously, I worked on "An American Girl" so I think I can play it now.  
As is typical in life, sometimes things go as I plan and other times God laughs and I do what He wants me to do.

No comments: